CROI invites undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows in the fields of HIV science and medicine to apply for a New Investigator Scholarship.
The awards are limited and highly selective, and may include:
- Up to US $750 (US/Canada) and US $1300 (international) for transportation to and from the conference, using the lowest fare for economy air or train travel
- Waived conference registration fee
- Access to discounted hotel rates during the conference
Scholarships are awarded based on the quality of the abstract, application, and letter of recommendation. New Investigator Scholarship awardees must be the presenting author of an accepted abstract.
All scholarship awardees are required to attend the full conference, including the Program Committee Workshop for New Investigators and Trainees. At the close of the conference, awardees must have completed the daily and overall conference evaluations.
If a scholarship awardees does not believe that she or he may be able to commit to attend the entire conference, she or he can choose 1 of the following 3 options:
- Adjust other conflicting commitments, attend the full conference, and maintain the scholarship
- Forfeit the scholarship, pay the full current registration fee, present their work, and not be required to attend the full conference
- Choose not to attend the conference and assign a coauthor to present the work at the conference
Please note: Effective as of CROI 2017, New Investigator Scholarshipawardees are limited to 3 awards total (including scholarships for past conferences).