Conference Size: Limited to 4000 attendees
Attendance is limited to maintain an appropriate setting for scientific exchange.
Registration Fee: The regular registration fee is US $850. Please be prepared to show government issued photo identification on-site in order to receive your conference badge. An $850 US replacement fee will be charged for any lost badge.
December 1, 2017: General registration and housing opens.
Registration applications are reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon e-mail notification that the application has been approved, attendees will be allowed to complete their registration and housing via a secure link. Due to the high volume of applications received at the opening of registration, applications are processed generally within 3-5 days. All approved registrants MUST book hotel reservations via the CROI housing system.
Attendance is generally limited to authors of accepted abstracts and active researchers. Authors of accepted abstracts are pre-approved for registration. All other researchers must complete the application process. The applicant should include up to 3 recent key publications in scientific journals (published within the last 3 years) on which they are a MASTHEAD author, up to 3 accepted abstracts at scientific or research conferences on which the applicant is an author, or provide other specific details about how they meet the criteria for attending CROI.
A limited number of spots are available for individuals in executive/leadership positions in professional not-for-profit educational organizations, but those who have active involvement in HIV research have priority. Examples of eligible attendees, other than authors on accepted abstracts, include:
- Researchers actively participating in basic science investigations, clinical studies, or epidemiologic research of HIV and associated complications and coinfections
- Physicians and scientists who have full-time faculty appointments at academic institutions including medical school fellowship programs
In addition, there are a limited number of spots available for practitioners who are not in a research role, but who work in a major institution that is making research contributions to the field, or who are located in a high endemic area with academic or teaching responsibility.
A limited number of spots are also made available for individuals in leadership positions (1 per organization or in a select few instances in a large organization, up to 2) in major HIV-related organizations (governmental or nongovernmental not-for-profit) that focus on educating healthcare practitioners and other professionals. This includes individuals who are responsible for essential decisions on research and/or research direction.
Individuals below are not eligible to attend CROI:
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
- Employees of public relations firms
- Employees of medical communications companies
In general, others not eligible to attend are personnel employed by commercial firms or their agents whose primary roles and responsibilities are, or work in:
- General Administration
- Nondirectorship level personnel in clinical or product development
- Marketing or postmarketing outcomes research
- Medical affairs
- Medical or scientific liaison department
- Professional relations
- Project or product management
- Regulatory affairs
- Strategic planning
Please note: Exceptions may be made for the above ineligible attendees if they are abstract authors and actively involved in research. If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please e-mail the Conference Secretariat at CROIinfo"at"iasusa.org with your questions.
The Conference Secretariat reserves the right to disapprove or rescind the registration or housing of any individual who does not meet the criteria set forth by the Scientific Program Committee.
Please read carefully.
- Applications will be reviewed and confirmations will be sent via email following the approval of the registration application. Registration applications are generally processed within 3 to 5 days of submission.
- Individuals are required to complete their own applications to ensure that the information is accurate and complete.
- No registration substitutions are allowed.
- Registrants will be asked to provide government issued photo identification when picking up registration materials on-site. This policy is to ensure equal access for all participants.
- Tour groups and travel agents are not permitted to use the CROI registration site to secure multiple registrations.