Conference Size: Limited to 4000 attendees
Attendance is limited to maintain an appropriate setting for scientific exchange.
Registration Fee: The early registration fee for CROI 2020 is US $785. Please be prepared to show government-issued photo identification on site in order to receive your conference badge. An $885 US replacement fee will be charged for any lost badge. THE CROI BADGE MAY ONLY BE USED BY THE PERSON STATED ON THE BADGE AND CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED OR SHARED WITH OTHERS. THE USE OF ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL'S NAME BADGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND IS A VIOLATION OF CROI POLICIES.
NOTE: The fee is for the 3-day conference. There are no 1-day or 2-day conference fees.
December 1, 2019: General registration and housing opens.
Early registration through January 28, 2020: $785
Late registration begins January 29, 2020: $885
February 12, 2020: General registration closes
Registration applications are reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon email notification that the application has been approved, attendees will be allowed to complete their registration and housing via a secure link. Due to the high volume of applications received at the opening of registration, applications are processed generally within 2 business days. All approved registrants MUST book hotel reservations via the CROI housing system.
Attendance is prioritized for active researchers and authors of accepted abstracts. Authors of accepted abstracts are preapproved for registration. All other researchers, academics, and must complete the application process. Applicants should include up to 3 recent relevant key publications in scientific journals (published within the last 3 years) on which they are a MASTHEAD author up to 3 relevant accepted abstracts at scientific or research conferences on which the applicant is an author if available, or other specific details about how they meet the criteria for attending CROI, such as role in teaching or training or patient care.
Examples of eligible attendees, other than authors on accepted abstracts, include:
- Researchers actively participating in basic science investigations, clinical studies, or epidemiologic research of HIV and associated complications and coinfections
- Physicians and scientists who have full-time faculty appointments at academic institutions, including medical school fellowship programs, or practitioners who are involved in patient care or counseling.
- Practitioners who are actively involved in patient care or counseling.
- Individuals who are in training for the above roles.
A limited number of spots are also made available for individuals in leadership positions (1 per organization or in a select few instances in a large organization, up to 2) in major HIV-related organizations (governmental or nongovernmental not-for-profit) that focus on educating healthcare practitioners and other professionals. This includes individuals who are responsible for essential decisions on research and/or research direction.
Individuals below are not eligible to attend CROI:
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
- Employees of public relations firms
- Employees of medical communications companies
In general, others not eligible to attend are personnel employed by commercial firms or their agents whose primary roles and responsibilities are, or who work in:
- General Administration
- Nondirectorship-level personnel in clinical or product development
- Marketing or postmarketing outcomes research
- Medical affairs
- Medical or scientific liaison department
- Professional relations
- Project or product management
- Regulatory affairs
- Strategic planning
Please note: Exceptions may be made for the above ineligible attendees if they are abstract authors and actively involved in research. If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please email the Conference Organizer at CROIinfo@iasusa.org with your questions.
The Conference Organizer reserves the right to disapprove or rescind the registration or housing of any individual who does not meet the criteria set forth by the Scientific Program Committee.
Please read carefully.
- Applications will be reviewed and confirmations will be sent via email after the approval of the registration application. Registration applications are generally processed within 2 days of submission.
- Individuals are required to complete their own applications to ensure that the information is accurate and complete.
- No registration substitutions are allowed.
- Registrants will be asked to provide government-issued photo identification when picking up registration materials on site. This policy is to ensure equal access for all participants.
- Tour groups and travel agents are not permitted to use the CROI registration site to secure multiple registrations.