Attendance is generally limited to active researchers and authors of accepted abstracts. Authors of accepted abstracts are pre-approved for registration. All other researchers must complete the application process. Applicants should include up to 3 recent key publications in scientific journals (published within the past 3 years) on which they are MASTHEAD authors, up to 3 accepted abstracts at scientific or research conferences on which they are authors, or provide other specific details about how they meet the criteria for attending CROI.
A limited number of spots are available for individuals in executive/leadership positions in professional not-for-profit educational organizations, but those who have active involvement in HIV research have priority. Examples of eligible attendees, other than authors on accepted abstracts, include:
- Researchers actively participating in basic science investigations, clinical studies, or epidemiologic research of HIV and associated complications and coinfections
- Physicians and scientists who have full-time faculty appointments at academic institutions, including medical school fellowship programs, or practitioners who are involved in patient care or counseling.
A limited number of spots are also made available for individuals in leadership positions (1 per organization or, in a select few instances in a large organization, up to 2) in major HIV-related organizations (governmental or nongovernmental not-for-profit) that focus on educating health care practitioners and other professionals. This includes individuals who are responsible for essential decisions on research and/or research direction.
Individuals below are not eligible to attend CROI:
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
- Employees of public relations firms
- Employees of medical communications companies
In general, others not eligible to attend are personnel who are employed by commercial firms (or their agents) whose primary roles and responsibilities are, or who work in:
- general administration
- nondirectorship level personnel in clinical or product development
- marketing or postmarketing outcomes research
- medical affairs
- medical or scientific liaison department
- professional relations
- project or product management
- regulatory affairs
- strategic planning
Please note: If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please e-mail the Conference Organizer at CROIinfo"at"iasusa.org.