Attendance is generally limited to active researchers and authors of accepted abstracts. Authors of accepted abstracts are pre-approved for registration. All other researchers must complete the application process. The applicant should include up to 3 recent key publications in scientific journals (published within the last 3 years) on which they are a MASTHEAD author, up to 3 accepted abstracts at scientific or research conferences on which the applicant is an author, or provide other specific details about how they meet the criteria for attending CROI.
A limited number of spots are available for individuals in executive/leadership positions in professional not-for-profit educational organizations, but those who have active involvement in HIV research have priority. Examples of eligible attendees, other than authors on accepted abstracts, include:
- Researchers actively participating in basic science investigations, clinical studies, or epidemiologic research of HIV and associated complications and coinfections
- Physicians and scientists who have full-time faculty appointments at academic institutions including medical school fellowship programs, or practitioners who are involved in patient care or counseling.
A limited number of spots are also made available for individuals in leadership positions (1 per organization or in a select few instances in a large organization, up to 2) in major HIV-related organizations (governmental or nongovernmental not-for-profit) that focus on educating healthcare practitioners and other professionals. This includes individuals who are responsible for essential decisions on research and/or research direction.
Individuals below are not eligible to attend CROI:
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
- Employees of public relations firms
- Employees of medical communications companies
In general, others not eligible to attend are personnel employed by commercial firms or their agents whose primary roles and responsibilities are, or work in:
- general administration
- nondirectorship level personnel in clinical or product development
- marketing or postmarketing outcomes research
- medical affairs
- medical or scientific liaison department
- professional relations
- project or product management
- regulatory affairs
- strategic planning
Please note: Exceptions may be made for the above ineligible attendees if they are abstract authors and actively involved in research. If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please e-mail the Conference Organizer at CROIinfo"at"iasusa.org.