Conference Size: Limited to 4000 attendees
Attendance is limited to maintain an appropriate setting for scientific exchange.
Registration Fee: The early registration fee for CROI 2017 is US $750 through January 4, 2017. The Regular registration fee is US $850 beginning January 5, 2017. Please be prepared to show government issued photo identification on-site in order to receive your conference badge. An $850 US replacement fee will be charged for any lost badge.
November 15, 2016: Registration and housing opens for Accepted Abstracts Authors.
December 1, 2016: General registration and housing opens.
January 5, 2017: Registration fee increases to $850
January 9, 2017: Last day to cancel your completed registration and receive a refund less a $150 administration fee
January 19, 2017: Registration and housing closes to all applicants. This date is subject to change if the registration limit of 4000 is reached. There is no on-site registration.
February 1, 2017: Hotel cancellations and changes may be made online through this date
February 3, 2017: Hotel cancellations and changes must be made directly with the hotel
Please note: The abstract authors’ professional email address, as provided during the abstract submission process, is required to complete registration and housing.
Registration applications are reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon e-mail notification that the application has been approved, attendees will be allowed to complete their registration and housing via a secure link. Due to the high volume of applications received at the opening of registration, applications are processed generally within 3-5 days. All approved registrants MUST book hotel reservations via the CROI housing system.
Attendance is generally limited to accepted abstract authors, active researchers, academics, and a limited number of individuals in executive/leadership positions in professional not-for-profit educational organizations. Those who have active involvement in HIV research have priority. The applicant should include up to 3 recent key publications in scientific journals (published within the last 3 years) on which they are a MASTHEAD author, up to 3 accepted abstracts at scientific or research conferences on which the applicant is an author, or provide other specific details about how they meet the criteria for attending CROI. Examples of eligible attendees, other than authors on accepted abstracts, include, but are not limited to:
- Researchers actively participating in basic science investigations, clinical studies, or epidemiologic research of HIV and associated complications and coinfections
- Academic physicians and scientists who are full-time faculty and are responsible for HIV training programs
- Clinicians who have an academic appointment, teach, or conduct research, and those who work in a major practice group that is making research contributions to the field, or with a patient panel of more than 100; physicians who are located in a high endemic area with academic or teaching responsibility.
In addition, a limited number of spots are made available for non-scientists, executive individuals in 1 leadership position per organization (or in a select few instances in a large organization, up to 2 leadership positions) in major HIV-related organizations (governmental or nongovernmental not-for-profit) that focus on educating healthcare practitioners and other professionals, or on educating HIV-infected communities.
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
- Employees of public relations firms
- Employees of medical communications companies
In general, personnel employed by commercial firms whose primary roles and responsibilities are, or work in:
- general administration
- nondirectorship level personnel in clinical or product development
- marketing or postmarketing outcomes research
- medical affairs
- medical or scientific liaison department
- professional relations
- project or product management
- regulatory affairs
- strategic planning
Please note: Exceptions may be made for the above ineligible attendees if they are abstract authors and actively involved in research. If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please e-mail the Conference Secretariat at CROIinfo"at"iasusa.org with your questions.
The Conference Secretariat reserves the right to disapprove or rescind the registration or housing of any individual who does not meet the criteria set forth by the Scientific Program Committee.
Please read carefully.
- Applications will be reviewed and confirmations will be sent via email following the approval of the registration application. Registration applications are generally processed within 3 to 5 days of submission.
- Individuals are required to complete their own applications to ensure that the information is accurate and complete.
- No registration substitutions are allowed.
- Registrants will be asked to provide government issued photo identification when picking up registration materials on-site. This policy is to ensure equal access for all participants.
- Tour groups and travel agents are not permitted to use the CROI registration site to secure multiple registrations.
- Registration cancellations must be made in writing and e-mailed to CROIregistration"at"iasusa.org or faxed to 00-1-415-544-9401.
- If you cancel your application prior to being accepted and completing the registration process, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel after being accepted and completing your registration prior to January 10, 2017, you will receive a refund of your registration fee less a $150 administration fee.