Conference Size: Limited to 4000 attendees
Attendance is limited to maintain an appropriate setting for scientific exchange.
November 12, 2015: Registration and Housing Opens for Accepted Abstracts Authors.
December 1, 2015: General registration opens.
January 26, 2016: Registration and housing closes to all applicants. This date is subject to change if the registration limit of 4000 is reached. There is no on-site registration.
Please note: The abstract authors’ email address, as provided during the abstract submission process, is required to complete registration and housing.
Registration applications are reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon e-mail notification that the application has been approved, attendees will be allowed to complete their registration and housing via a secure link. Due to the high volume of applications received at the opening of registration, applications are processed generally within 3-5 days. All approved registrants MUST book hotel reservations via the CROI housing system.
Attendance is generally limited to accepted abstract authors, active researchers, academics, and individuals in executive/leadership positions in professional not-for-profit educational organizations. Active involvement in HIV research as evidenced by authorship on at least 2 publications in a peer-reviewed or PubMed-listed journal, or case reports in the last 3 years. Examples of eligible attendees, other than authors on accepted abstracts, include, but are not limited to:
- Researchers actively participating in basic science investigations, clinical studies, or epidemiologic research of HIV and associated complications and coinfections
- Academic physicians and scientists who are full-time faculty and are responsible for HIV training programs
- Clinicians who have an academic appointment, teach, or conduct research, and those who work in a major practice group that is making research contributions to the field, or with a patient panel of more than 100; physicians who are located in a high endemic area with academic or teaching responsibility.
In addition, a limited number of spots are made available for non-scientists, executive individuals in leadership positions in major HIV-related organizations (governmental or nongovernmental not-for-profit) that focus on educating healthcare practitioners and other professionals, or on educating HIV-infected communities.
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
- Employees of public relations firms
- Employees of medical communications companies
In general, personnel employed by commercial firms whose primary roles and responsibilities are, or work in:
- general administration
- nondirectorship level personnel in clinical or product development
- marketing or postmarketing outcomes research
- medical affairs
- medical or scientific liaison department
- professional relations
- project or product management
- regulatory affairs
- strategic planning
Please note: Exceptions may be made for the above ineligible attendees if they are abstract authors and actively involved in research. If you have questions about your eligibility to attend, please e-mail the Conference Secretariat at CROIinfo"at"iasusa.org with your questions.
The Conference Secretariat reserves the right to disapprove or rescind the registration or housing of any individual who does not meet the criteria set forth by the Scientific Program Committee.
Please read carefully.
- Applications will be reviewed and confirmations will be sent via email following the approval of the registration application. Registration applications are generally processed within 3-5 days of submission.
- Individuals are required to complete their own applications to ensure that the information is accurate and complete.
- No registration substitutions will be allowed. Registrants will be asked to provide government issued photo identification when picking up registration materials on-site. This policy is to ensure equal access for all participants.
- Tour groups and travel agents are not permitted to use the CROI registration site to secure multiple registrations.
- Registration cancellations must be made in writing and e-mailed to CROIregistration"at"iasusa.org or faxed to 00-1-415-544-9401.
- If you cancel your application prior to completing the registration process and being accepted, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel after completing your registration, but prior to January 19, 2016, you will receive a refund of your registration fee less a $150 administration fee.
- If you cancel after January 19, 2016, you will not be entitled to any refund.