Invited Speakers have been asked to present a named lecture, a plenary lecture, or a lecture for a workshop or symposium. Invited Speakers must submit an abstract and speaker information (current CV, photo, and permission to record) through the CROI Abstract Submission Portal. Invited speakers will receive an e-mail with a special instructions with additional instructions on how to submit.
Abstract content: Invited speaker abstracts should describe the talk with a state-of-the-art overview of the field or topic and not solely focused on the speaker’s own work.
Submission of other abstracts: Invited speakers may also submit general or late-breaking abstracts for presentation at CROI. The submission timeline can be found on the Important Dates page and submission instructions on the Abstract Submission page.
Allotted times and recommended number of slides for different presentation types:
- Plenary Presentations: 25 to 30 minutes each (25–30 slides)
- Symposia Presentations: 22 to 23 minutes each (20–25 slides) with 5 minutes for questions
- Workshop Presentations: 20 to 23 minutes (20–23 slides)
- Oral Abstract Presentations: 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions (10 content slides, a title slide and a disclosures slide)
- Themed Discussion Presentations: 5 minutes (5 content slides plus a title and disclosures slide). Themed Discussion sessions include a 5 minute moderator introductory and concluding remarks and brief speaker introductions. The remainder of the time is used for questions.
Presentation times for workshops may vary depending on the number of speakers and time allotted.
Invited Speaker Expenses
Invited Speakers receive the following support for their participation at CROI.
Waived registration: Waived registration is provided for named lecturers (Bernard Fields and N’Galy-Mann lecturers), Martin Delaney panelists, plenary speakers, symposium conveners, workshop conveners, symposium speakers, workshop presenters, and themed discussion leaders.
Travel expenses: Reimbursement for travel expenses is provided to named lecturers and panelists, plenary speakers, symposium speakers, workshop presenters, and themed discussion leaders. The maximum reimbursement is $1,300 for travel from the US or Canada and $2,600 for international travel. The following expenses may be reimbursed:
- Airfare (including fee for 1 checked bag), train fare, or auto miles
- Hotel accommodations
Reimbursement does not cover ground transportation, parking, meals, incidental charges, printing or shipping of materials, office supplies, or internet access.
Invited Speakers can book travel through the CROI travel agency, Altour. To book your travel, please contact Altour at 888-669-8291 (US) or via e-mail at email@example.com. Please provide Altour with the following information:
- Full name as it appears on your valid driver’s license (flights within the United States) or full name as it appears on your valid passport (international flights)
- Date of birth
- Contact phone number
- E-mail address
- Travelling from
- Travel dates
The goods or services listed above are provided in kind for invited speaker participation in CROI. In compliance with federal regulations, no honorarium will be provided to US federal government employees, and no federal funds will be used for the payment of travel expenses. Travel expenses are derived from registration fees from conference attendees.
Please use one of the links below to access the appropriate expense report form. Note that the forms work best with Internet Explorer or Chrome. Instructions on how to complete and return the expense report appear on the form.
For reimbursement via wire transfer (available for travel from outside the US and Canada only) please complete the separate wire transfer form.