Each CROI registrant is required to book hotel accommodations via the CROI registration and housing system.
The few exceptions include:
- Registrant lives in the Seattle area (ie, address within 50-miles of the Washington State Convention Center).
- Registrant is sharing a room with an approved CROI attendee with accommodations booked via the CROI housing system.
- Other exceptions as approved by the CROI Secretariat.
Registrants who book accommodations outside the CROI housing system may have their CROI registration cancelled, and that spot given to another qualified applicant.
Please note: Registration and housing will close on mid-January 2018, unless the registration limit of 4000 has been reached.
Policies (Please read carefully.)
- Only approved CROI registrants may book CROI hotel rooms. Criteria for attendance can be found here.
- Each approved registrant must book their hotel accommodations via the CROI housing system. Group bookings are not permitted.
- Hotel reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Please book your hotel room as soon as possible, as housing is expected to fill to capacity.
- The Washington State Convention Center is the primary location for most conference events.
US Federal Government Rate Rooms
Proper ID validating your US Federal Government employment will be required upon hotel check-in if you are booked in a Government-rated room. If you do not provide this validation at check-in you may be charged the hotel's current rate, which may be higher than the group rate (ie, the maximum rate generally posted on the back of the hotel room door).
Group reservations are not permitted. CROI is a unique meeting with limited attendance and preference is given to scientists with accepted abstracts, therefore, housing must be secured individually. For participants who wish to stay at the same hotel, each participant should register for housing at the earliest opportunity, while there is still ample availability in the same hotel.
- Quoted room rates do not include applicable taxes and fees.
- Reservations may be changed (based on availability) or cancelled without penalty until early February 2018.
- Special requests are not guaranteed. Hotels will assign specific room types upon check-in, based on availability.
- Only 1 reservation is permitted per conference registrant.
A valid credit card is required to secure a hotel reservation (no charges will be applied at time of reservation). The following credit card types are generally accepted for reservations.
- American Express